5 Reasons Why You Should Keep Active Over Winter
Are you guilty of rushing back to the gym or calling on your PT a month before summer hits after slacking off over the winters months? I know I've been in that situation before then I realized.
Why make it so hard on yourself and quit working out in the winter only to freak out just before summer hits?
Surely by now we have all heard the saying "a summer body is made in winter" just because you are not flaunting around Bondi beach in your bikini shouldn't mean you let all that hard work go to waste and slack off during winter...
Now I know it's darker and cooler in the mornings and it seems so much easier to stay snuggled up in bed but let's take a look at the benefits of a winter workout.
- You'll feel happy and have much more energy! The cold stimulates your parasympathetic system. (The sympathetic system is known as the “fight or flight” response while the parasympathetic is known as the “relax and renew” system). These endorphins can trigger the release of dopamine and serotonin, neurotransmitters that keep us happy - feeling good and ease depression.
- You will burn more calories! Yes, you heard me! During your winter workout your metabolic rate increases to warm your body so that bit of extra work means more burn. Most importantly it will prevent winter weight gain stay active all year round and feel your best 365 days a year.
- There is no doubt that after you winter workout yo
- u will be left feeling invigorated and satisfied with a rosy glow to those cheeks.. So what are you waiting for?
- Stay committed to your body all year round and reap the benefits I promise you it's worth it. It takes time to get used to different temperatures, no matter if you're going from hot to cold or vice versa, just allow time to get your mind and body used to it and enjoy your winter workout!
Always remember to stay well hydrated and spend extra time warming up during those chilly months. Most importantly have fun!
This article is written by Mummy Physiques.
Like Mummy Physiques on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Mummyphysiques/?ref=ts&fref=ts
Follow Mummy Physiques on Instagram: @mummyphysiques